Cheers To You CupcakesGet more ideas for your next party ►
Get more holiday ideas ►
Toast to a fabulous year with this easy no-bake "mock-tail" recipe. These cupcakes (yes, cupcakes!) are a whimsical way to celebrate with friends and family.
Have a happy new year, any time of year! A few jelly beans, a few confections and some martini glasses and you’re ready to create New Year’s treats for partiers of all ages.
Fun for a 21st birthday, 30th birthday bash, or any classy and fun affair.
Recipes makes 6 cupcakes.
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ¼ cup finely chopped coconut
- ¼ cup white coarse decorating sugar
- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- Assorted food colouring
- 1 frozen pound cake (16 oz), thawed
- ½ cup each (about 4 oz) Jelly Belly jelly beans in flavours:
Berry Blue | Sunkist® Lime | Strawberry Cheesecake
- 4 Red Apple Jelly Belly jelly beans
- 10 green Jordan Almonds
- 2 green and 1 yellow Sunkist® Fruit Gems
- 4 white Jelly Belly Licorice Pastels
- ¼ cup Jelly Belly Champagne Bubbles
- 2 red gummi worms
- Martini glasses
- Lollipop sticks
- Lightly brush the rim of four 8 ounce martini glasses with the corn syrup. Dip the rims of 2 of the glasses in the chopped coconut and 2 glasses in the coarse sugar; set aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons vanilla frosting into a small zipper bag. Press out the excess air and seal. Divide the remaining vanilla frosting into 3 bowls. Tint one bowl pink, one light blue and one light green with the food colouring. Cover the frosting with plastic wrap to prevent drying.
- Place the pound cake on a clean work surface, flat side down. Slice horizontally into thirds to make 3 thin layers. Use a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 6 circles of the pound cake. Take the scraps of cake and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Working with one colour of frosting at a time, heat the frosting in the microwave, stirring frequently, until the frosting is the texture of lightly whipped cream. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the melted frosting into each martini glass; blue in the coconut rimmed glasses, pink in the sugar rimmed glasses, green in the plain glasses, and swirl the frosting to coat the inside of the glasses. Let frosting sit for a few minutes to set, and then working with one glass at a time, add some of the chopped cake to fill the bottom of one glass. Top with a cake circle, pressing down to make sure the cake is lower than the rim of the glass. Pour the remaining same colour melted frosting on top of the cake in the glass to cover. Repeat with the remaining tinted frostings and cake in the other glasses.
- Garnish the pink glasses with the pink jelly beans along the inside edge of the glass. Arrange the green Jordan Almonds in the shape of a flower using a red jelly bean as the center of the flower. Wrap the gummi worm around the lollipop stick securing at the top with a dot of frosting and a red jelly bean. Insert into the glass as the stirrer.
- Garnish the green glasses with a row of green jelly beans along the inside edge of the glass. Add a few Champagne Bubbles in the center with a few green Jelly Belly beans and some more sugar. Cut the yellow Sunkist Fruit Gem in half crosswise. Snip a very small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting. Pipe lines on top of the cut Fruit Gem to look like a lemon slice. Add the candy lemon slice to the side of the glass.
- Garnish the blue glasses with a row of the blue jelly beans along the inside edge of the glass. To make the olive, trim the green Sunkist Fruit Gem into an oval. Cut the red jelly bean in half crosswise. Attach one half of the red jelly bean, cut side against a short end of the green candy oval for the olive. Press a white Licorice Pastel on either side of the green candy to look like a toothpick. Place on top of the glass.