Harvest Caramel ApplesGet more holiday ideas ►
Harvest Caramel Apples are great for any festive Holiday dessert or treat! These are great to make with the kids.
Recipe makes up to 6 Harvest Caramel Apples.
- 5-6 Granny Smith apples
- 454 g individually wrapped soft caramels (about one large package)
- 2-2 ½ tablespoons water
- Jelly Belly jelly beans in your favourite flavors
- Lollipop sticks
- Non-stick wax paper
- Insert lollipop sticks into stems of Granny Smith apples; place in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Line tray with non-stick waxed paper, spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes until set. When chocolate sets, remove from molds.
- Unwrap caramels, set aside.
- In large saucepan, add 2 tbsp water and caramels, stirring constantly on medium-low heat until caramels are melted (add remaining ½ tbsp of water if necessary). Once melted, remove caramel from heat.
- Working quickly, dry apples if necessary, and dip in caramel or spoon caramel over apples to coat. Turn apples upside down for a minute to coat and remove excess caramel from bottom before placing on greased waxed paper. Press Jelly Belly jelly beans into caramel to create patterns or designs.
- Refrigerate about an hour to set. Remove from refrigerator and let stand 10-15 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated.