Meringue Nests with Raspberry SorbetGet more ideas for spring ►
Lighten things up with an airy nest of meringue dotted with Jelly Belly beans and topped with a refreshing scoop of any fruit sorbet.
An easy and refined dessert to end Easter brunch, bridal showers or spring and summer dinner parties.
Recipe makes up to 6 nests. 206 calories per nest.
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4-6 oz Jelly Belly jelly beans
- Raspberry sorbet for center
- Preheat oven to 75°C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In clean dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar with electric mixer until soft peaks form. With mixer running, add almond extract and gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff and glossy.
- Spoon meringue into pastry bag with large flower tip. Pipe meringue onto parchment lined baking sheet in nest shape. Leave center large enough to hold scoop of ice cream. Select a variety of colours of jelly beans, or a single colour theme, such as blue or red jelly beans. Gently press jelly beans into sides of meringue. Bake 2 ½ hours or until hard. Store in air tight container. Serve with scoop of sorbet/sherbet in center. Can be made two days ahead.