- 8-inch frosted, undecorated cake
- 340 g Jelly Belly jelly beans
- Begin a few days ahead of your party by ordering a frosted, but undecorated, 8-inch cake from your local grocery store or bakery. Select one with high sides and a flat top. Or, make your own triple decker cake finishing with a flat top. Frost generously with a white buttercream frosting.
- Purchase 340 g of Jelly Belly jelly beans to match your party décor. Beginning at the base of the cake, press the jelly beans around the bottom, alternating colours of jelly beans in a continuous pattern. If the jelly beans are not sticking, use dabs of frosting to stick them.
- Place Jelly Belly jelly beans around the top edge of the cake. Using a toothpick, draw the crisscross lines on the side. Place six jelly beans on each line. Complete with "drumsticks" made from chopsticks topped with round soft fruit candies.